STATE EXTENDS DEADLINE TO AUGUST 18, 2023 FOR FAMILIES TO REQUEST THE REISSUANCE OF EXPUNGED PANDEMIC-EBT 2.0 BENEFITS


 

The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) has extended the timeframe for families to request the reissuance of expunged CalFresh benefits on their Pandemic EBT (P-EBT 2.0) cards to August 18, 2023. 

P-EBT is a federal program that gives eligible families food benefits, in addition to free or reduced-price meals, at childcare or school. Eligible households who received a P-EBT 2.0 card in 2021, but had its benefits expire without use, are eligible for a reissuance.  

According to CDSS, more than 500,000 P-EBT 2.0 benefit cards were not activated.

CDSS has mailed notifications to eligible households with instructions on how to request a new P-EBT card. If eligible, families can expect to receive their cards between September to October.

For additional information, families can call the P-EBT 2.0 Expungement Helpline at 1-800-887-8230 from Monday - Friday between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. or use the online live chat feature at www.ca.p-ebt.org. When reaching out, make sure to have the first and last name of the eligible children, date(s) of birth, and the address on file during the 2021 P-EBT 2.0 issuance.


This is clipped directly from their email to me.
I use EBT, and I was qualified for P-EBT, but I'm not a family, so I'm not eligible. I hope this is of some use to whomever is reading this.  I elected to get all the notices from DPSS in case I missed anything of value for my community and on behalf of LACCC, Inc.  Let me know at the next meeting if I can help be on the look out for anything of use specific to your needs! :)

Comments

Popular Posts