Task Rabbit and similar apps

Who doesn't need extra help? We all need it sometimes.  I tried out TaskRabbit,

(Get help. Gain happiness. Just task. Mounting/ TV Mounting/ Furniture Assembly/ See More)

And we're having our first task managed today at a moderately affordable price compared to what we would have paid normally.  I'll check in again after she works with us, and let you know how it went.  There are plenty of online coupons that help you save 10$ off, and if you ask me to send you a coupon, I can also do that!

Here's another set of tools that might help with those pesky odd jobs.

Bark
Find the perfect professional for you; Get free quotes within minutes
Popular: House Cleaning, Web Design, Personal Trainers

Thumbtack
Home improvement, repair, inspection, cleaning, improvement, made easy.
Try searching for a Plumber, Handyman, Landscaper, or Electrician.

Airtasker
Post any task. Pick the best person. Get it done. 1M+ customers 2.5M+ tasks done 4M+ user reviews

Fiverr
Find the right freelance service, right away
Popular: Website design, Wordpress, Logo Design, Video Editing

Upwork
Build your business with top freelancers. Post a job for free and connect with independent talent today. Clients rate talent 4.9 out of 5. (4.9/5) based on 2.9M+ reviews


On a side note, here's an article about apps for people with special needs & diverse abilities:

https://accessibilityspark.com/12-awesome-accessibility-apps-in-2022/
Notably there are apps that can help people speak more effectively, apps that help volunteers "be my eyes" for visually impaired people, and apps that help find wheelchair accessible parking and other accommodations.

Update on Task Rabbit-

So far so good, after looking at some reviews I was worried that I would have a "no show" but I've been very lucky that the person I assigned to our task has been really good at communicating with us, and not only did she show up, but she came early!

On a funny side note, I accidentally mistook my taskrabbit worker for a teacher who was supposed to meet up with two other people.  I found out this teacher was here from another state and had been doing this for a month now, without knowing she wasn't my assigned person.  This is another typical episode of my life.  As I later told my taskrabbit person, I should have chosen a different time that wasn't so typical. But I'm not sure that would have helped; I tend to find a way to mix things up no matter where I am.


She did a great job.

Comments

Popular Posts